I've been told that the first ten days after surgery are hell. I'm prepared. Thankfully, each minute seems to be getting better. I can't eat the Carnation Instant Breakfast(CIB). We'll be returning that and I may be on a baby food diet. Today I had a sip of CIB, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of applesauce, 1 bowl of jello, 1/3 cup of cottage cheese mixed with mashed boiled egg. Yep it's yummy and I make myself eat it. I need to find some creative solutions. I need good nutrition that doesn't taste like CIB. Bleah!

So It's day 4 after surgery. Only 6 more days to go until I get out of hell week.


This entry was posted on 6:16 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 thoughts:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm glad that every day is getting better, H!

    I had a horrible time finding things to consume the first week or two after surgery because everything with Splenda in it made me gag. Still does, actually. I also couldn't choke down the protein shakes. Actually, sometimes I miss the simplicity of those days, to be honest. Food bores me now, and I hate having to make any decisions about what to eat. Far easier when there were only 2 or 3 things I could keep down! ;-)

  1. ... on 9:38 PM