Nerves.. Gah. I hate that I am so anxious. I spent an hour reading the memorial page at obesityhelp.com, I don't think that was the wisest thing to do. So many of the people who passed don't have explanations. I wish I knew more. I am grateful that my surgical group has no one on the page.

I will have to be careful my entire life. I could have many complications. The medic alert bracelet is very necessary. I will get one as soon as possible (of course it will have to be resized).

Why do I want to have this surgery? Because if I don't have it now I could get bigger and have more health problems, I am starting to have trouble with my ankles and knees, my energy sucks, high blood pressure, and my mental health. I don' t believe my mental health will be great once I have the surgery. I believe the surgery will be a tool to help me become the person I want to be on the inside and outside. I need to learn to live instead of watching from the sidelines and critisizing. I need to learn to stop critisizing myself.

I looked really cute yesterday at church. I had on a eyelit black skirt that hit my calves. I had on a fitted green top. I felt good. But, I had trouble walking in the heels. I felt like I could fall at any minute. So for a few minutes I wondered why I was so critical of myself and why I wanted this surgery so badly. It's not my size (although I do feel fat naked or in pjs) as much as it is the future of my health.

How fair is it that my size is the one thing that is keeping P and myself from having more kids? That's my main holdback on agreeing to more kids. I can barely keep up with my kids now. I want to do so much more with them and any other future kids. I want to have a normal pregnancy where an OB asks me if I want to repeat my c-section or try for that vaginal birth. People think I'm crazy. I just don't want to be high risk for the rest of my life because of my weight. Ok, now I feel stupid. I will be high risk because of this surgery. But, I'm hoping that it's a positive high risk. One where I can have a more normal pregnancy than my two previous pregnancies.

It's all about change. I'm changing every day. Not just my weight but, my outlook on life.


This entry was posted on 11:14 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 thoughts: