I have to say that the time away was partly because I don't want to face the fact that I could be working harder on being a gastric bypass patient. I've done better with the protien, vitamins, and fluids. Now is the time for me to start increasing my exercise. I know that will really kickstart my weightloss back up.

Currently at 19 weeks out I have made it to the 199lb mark. I'm losing hair but, I've still got enough to hide the fact that I'm losing so much. I've added more vitamins and protien to help decrease the loss and encourage new hair to grow.

I have a couple of goals that I want to work on.

I'd love to be able to kick my *expensive* coffee habit. I really think it's like my smoke break. I can walk out of the office and over to the coffee house for 10 minutes of quiet. I love the taste of coffee and it's my relaxation. With that said, I want to decrease my dependancy on it. Spring will be here soon and I'm ready to bring the blender into the office and make fruity protien smoothies. Yumm!

I want to start exercising (weights and cardio) at least three times a week. I'm having a very hard time fitting everything into my day. I was so focused on school in the beginning of the semester and even that is sliding a bit. I put off papers and reading until the very last possible second. If I can put off school work, you know that my exercise is limited to playing with the kids. That's good but, it's not enough. I will find some way to exercise at least three times a week.

Other life news..
It's been a hard couple of months for P and myself. I'm still not sure that he's 100% committed to making the marriage work. We're working on it. We have time to decide a lot of things. He hopes I'll come around and I hope he'll see the light and realize that things we said 9 years ago can and need to change to match our lifestyle today.

Both kids were sick recently. Pediatrician said it was due to allergies. (Note: these are allergies that have flared up in the winter.. I fear spring) Well, here we are thinking everything is clearing up and R gets a rash on her thigh. No big deal, a bit of cream and it will look good as new in the morning. Morning comes and it's a wee bit worse. I send her on to school and plan to take cream by after class. I get to class 3 1/2 hours later and the rash is almost covering the front of her thighs. Nope, this sucker has to be looked at immediately. 1 1/2 hours later the pediatrician comes in the room and says it's an allergic reaction. It could be the antibiotic but, the rash is not progressing the way antibiotic allergen rashes do. So, we are scratching our heads and trying to figure out what she's allergic to. P would love to put her in a bubble I'm sure. He's such a worrisome papa bear. It frustrated the crap out of me though. She's on an anti-histamine and oral steroid (thankfully, she is sleeping... I've heard horror stories about this steroid). The rash will get worse before it gets better. We are both on edge about giving her the allergen again. What if she goes into anaphalactic shock this time? Yeah, nerves are frayed. Oh, did I mention I have 3 chapter in history to read and a paper for english to write? Yep. Good times.


This entry was posted on 8:48 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 thoughts:

    Anonymous said...

    I was so glad to see a post from you, H! :-) I totally believe in you, and I know that you'll continue working toward your goals as time goes by. Just do your best and try to not stress about the scale. Speaking of which, CONGRATULATIONS on hitting 199! I remember how awesome that felt when I finally made it! :-) About the marriage thing...I hear ya. We're in a similar situation of working on things with my not being entirely certain he's committed to working on it 100%. Good luck, sweetie!

  1. ... on 12:04 PM  
  2. Viamarie said...

    ~sniffles~

    Hope things will be better for all of you soon.

    Btw, I came across your blog while reading Michele's post and I didn't regret doing so. I find your it very touching.

    Take Care!

  3. ... on 9:39 PM