Tuesday morning I woke with pain radiating around my ribcage. It increased when I took a few sips of coffee and became severe after a couple of hours. At that point my PCP and NP from surgeon's office told me to go to the ER. I had pain medicine, x-rays, lab work, and a ct scan. The CT showed telescoping intestines (however they didn't do a second review). At this point my hospital said they couldn't handle a gastric bypass post-op. They started the transfer process to the hospital where I had WLS.

I was transported to WLS hospital by midnight and Dr B ordered labs, x-rays, and ct the following morning. Everything (all tests) was normal..... except I was still in severe pain. The pain was so bad .. I piled 4 pillows in front of me and leaned over them to rest. Thursday I had an endoscopy and that was clear. Dr A the gastro guy said my pouch was beautiful and had no signs of adhesions, ulcers, or leaks.

I was NPO from Tuesday morning until Thursday night when I tried a popsicle and beef broth. I couldn't finish the broth because the pain became so horrible. Friday morning I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and other important organs (it didn't hurt as much as it did pre-op) and guess what... It was all clear.

Friday afternoon Dr B went in with the scope and everything looked great even my reproductive system. Dr B said it was ungratifying because he was unable to find a diagnosis. Saturday morning I was given clear liquids and it didn't hurt.. so I tried a few bites (my pouch shrank) of tuna salad, cottage cheese, and fruit and it didn't hurt either.

Because I had been away from the kids and home for so long I was ready when the the on call surgeon released me Saturday afternoon.. But I'm left with no diagnosis and fear of the pain returning.

I'm glad to be home with my family and I'm glad that the food doesn't hurt right now. I'm trying to get protein in to help recover from the surgery and my NPO spell.

P was great and my friend T was wonderful enough to watch the kids so P could care for me when he wasn't at work. It's a crazy month for both of us at work and this couldn't have come at a worse time.

So that's why I've been so quiet and away from the world. I'm going to try to go to work tomorrow (I'm only taking tylenol to deal with with the pain from the laparoscopy) and get back to my real life.


This entry was posted on 9:10 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 thoughts:

    Milenka said...

    I'm forever behind in my blogs, but I'm hoping all continues to be well for you, sweetie! *hugs*

  1. ... on 6:48 PM  
  2. Milenka said...

    How are things going over there? *hugs*

  3. ... on 9:32 AM